Many professional organisations require their members to undertake personal development activities to maintain their expertise and their knowledge of current good practice on a continuing basis.
A Certificate of Participation or a Certificate of Attainment from the Global Risk Foundation will state the number of continuing professional development hours involved in the training exercises in which you have participated. The hours will include time spent in some or all of the following:
- Face-to-face training from a professional instructor
- Personal mentoring, advice and discussion, whether one-on-one or as a member of a group
- Participation in online learning
- Practical exercises associated with formal instruction
- Pre-reading and preparation necessary for your participation in the training
- Post-training activities that you undertake, for example when you return to work
- Assessments and evaluations associated with the training (for Certificates of Attainment only).